Re: Strip -mmacosx-version-min options from plperl build - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Strip -mmacosx-version-min options from plperl build
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-08-26 16:00:31 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On 2022-08-26 Fr 12:11, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> And if that doesn't help, try -Wl,--export-all-symbols
>
> > worked

Except that it's only happening for plperl, I'd wonder if it's possibly
related to our magic symbols being prefixed with _. I noticed that the
underscore prefix e.g. changes the behaviour of gcc's "collect2" on AIX, which
is responsible for exporting symbols etc.

> Hmph.  Hard to see how that isn't a linker bug.

Agreed, given that this is only happening with plperl, and not with any of the
other extensions...

> As a stopgap to get the farm green again, I propose adding something like
>
> ifeq ($(PORTNAME), cygwin)
> SHLIB_LINK += -Wl,--export-all-symbols
> endif
>
> to plperl's makefile.