Re: Add find_in_log() and advance_wal() perl functions to core test framework (?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Add find_in_log() and advance_wal() perl functions to core test framework (?)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Aug-16, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> I don't think there's a hard and fast rule about it. Certainly the case
> would be more compelling if the functions were used across different TAP
> suites. The SSL suite has suite-specific modules. That's a pattern also
> worth considering. e.g something like.
>
>     use FindBin qw($Bin);
>     use lib $Bin;
>     use MySuite;
>
> and then you put your common routines in MySuite.pm in the same
> directory as the TAP test files.

Yeah, I agree with that for advance_wal.  Regarding find_in_log, that
one seems general enough to warrant being in Cluster.pm -- consider
issues_sql_like, which also slurps_file($log).  That could be unified a
little bit, I think.