Re: test failure with gcc-12 -O3 -march=native - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: test failure with gcc-12 -O3 -march=native
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 11, 2022 at 01:03:43PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For my optimized builds I've long used -O3 -march=native. After one of the

On what kind of arch ?

> Given that I did not encounter this problem with gcc-12 before, and that
> gcc-12 has been released, it seems less likely to be a bug in our code
> highlighted by a new optimization and more likely to be a bug in a gcc bugfix,
> but it's definitely not clear.

debian testing is now defaulting to gcc-12.
https://tracker.debian.org/news/1348007/accepted-gcc-defaults-1198-source-into-unstable/

Are you sure you were building with gcc-12 and not gcc(default) which, until 3
weeks ago, was gcc-11  ?

--
Justin