Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-08-11 10:57:33 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> I'll volunteer to work on this unless an easier solution happens to
> come along in the next couple days.

Cool!

> (aside: guc-file.l doesn't have a grammar, so not yet sure if that makes the
> issue easier or harder...)

I think we should consider compiling it separately from guc.c. guc.c already
compiles quite slowly (iirc beat only by ecpg and main grammar), and it's a
relatively commonly changed source file.

It might even be a good idea to split guc.c so it only contains the settings
arrays + direct dependencies...

Greetings,

Andres Freund