Re: pgsql: BRIN: mask BRIN_EVACUATE_PAGE for WAL consistency checking - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: BRIN: mask BRIN_EVACUATE_PAGE for WAL consistency checking
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Aug-05, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Add a test that tickles the case, as branch testing technology allows.

One point here is that this confirms that the backpatched renaming alias
for PostgreSQL::Test::Cluster is working well.

Another is that, as far as I know, this is the going to be the only case
of any code being run under wal_consistency_checking=[not off]
regularly.  027_stream_regress.pl is equipped to do so, but as far as I
know we have no buildfarm animal with PG_EXTRA_TESTS set it so.  I did
consider to make this new test conditional on having that flag be on,
but I disregarded it because of that.

A third point is that in branches 15+ I made it use pg_walinspect to
ensure that the desired WAL record is being emitted.