COPY TO (FREEZE)? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject COPY TO (FREEZE)?
Date
Re: COPY TO (FREEZE)?
List pgsql-hackers
I noticed that COPY TO accepts FREEZE option but it is pointless.

Don't we reject that option as the first-attached does?  I tempted to
add tests for those option combinations that are to be rejected but I
didin't come up with a clean way to do that.

By the way, most of the invalid option combinations for COPY are
marked as ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED.  I looks to me saying that
"that feature is theoretically possible or actually realized
elsewhere, but impossible now or here".

If it is correct, aren't they better be ERRCODE_INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE?  The code is being used for similar messages
"unrecognizedparameter <name>" and "parameter <name> specified more than once" (or some others?).  At least a quote
stringlonger than a single character seems like to fit INVALID_PARAMETER_VALUE. (I believe we don't mean to support
multicharacter(or even multibyte) escape/quote character anddelimiter).  That being said, I'm not sure if the change
willbe worth the trouble.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi