Re: Excessive number of replication slots for 12->14 logical replication - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Excessive number of replication slots for 12->14 logical replication
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 09:07:35AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> As per my understanding, each subscription will use three slots (one
> for apply worker and one for each of the sync workers) in your case in
> the sync phase. So, in your case, if you have 10 subscriptions then
> ideally it should be no more than 30. Can you please check and share
> the subscriber logs to see if there are any errors in the initial sync
> phase? Also, please confirm the number of subscriptions you create on
> the subscriber?

Hi,
I'm 100% sure we create 10, with the table distribution as shown in
original post.

Will reset the whole thing from scratch, and check for other errors, but
it will take "a while".

Best regards,

depesz