Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 2022-May-31, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 11:42 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > Hmm ... Exactly what code is being tested here?  I see in one of these
> > backtraces that there is a reference to a function called
> > heap_prune_from_root, but I can't find that in the Postgres sources.
>
> This includes a patch from me, to make pruning more robust. It could
> technically be a bug in my patch, though a bug revealed by my patch
> seems quite possible too.

Ah, I see.  Well, the explanation that depends on Xmin doesn't apply to
this case.  I'm not saying there are no bugs in the other two commits,
just that such bug(s) have a different explanation, so it makes sense to
revert separately.

"La rebeldía es la virtud original del hombre" (Arthur Schopenhauer)