Re: BUG #17485: Records missing from Primary Key index when doing REINDEX INDEX CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

On 2022-May-26, Christophe Pettus wrote:

> Unless we are 100% sure that amcheck will never return a false
> negative in this situation, we may have to recommend reindexing
> everything.

I am not aware of any reason why amcheck would return a false negative.
Is there any evidence behind this assertion?

If there is none, the recommendation should be to use amcheck on all
btree indexes and reindex those that have the problem; and reindex all
indexes of other AMs that could have been reindexed or created
concurrently in 14beta1 or later (implying: an index that was created in
13 and pg_upgraded but not touched afterwards is not at risk).