Re: Backends stunk in wait event IPC/MessageQueueInternal - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Backends stunk in wait event IPC/MessageQueueInternal
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 13, 2022 at 06:16:23PM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
> I had an incident on my Postgres 14 that queries hung in wait event
> IPC / MessageQueueInternal, MessageQueueReceive.  It likes [1],
> however, it doesn't have any discussions.

If the process is still running, or if the problem recurs, I suggest to create
a corefile with gcore, aka gdb generate-core-file.  Then, we can look at the
backtrace at our leisure, even if the cluster needed to be restarted right
away.

What minor version of postgres is this, and what OS ?

--
Justin