Re: API stability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: API stability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 06 Apr 2022 18:13:17 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Wed, 6 Apr 2022 10:30:32 +0200, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote in
> > For code documentation purposes, I think it is slightly better to use
> > bits8 than uint8 for variables where you're storing independent bit flags.
>
> Oh, agreed.  Will fix in the next version along with other fixes.

The immediately folloing member statusFlags is in uint8.  So using
bits8 here results in the following look.

>    bits8        delayChkptFlags;/* for DELAY_CHKPT_* flags */
>
>    uint8        statusFlags;    /* this backend's status flags, see PROC_*
>                                 * above. mirrored in

PGPROC has another member that fits  bits*.

>    uint64        fpLockBits;        /* lock modes held for each fast-path slot */

Do I change this in this patch? Or leave them for another chance?

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center