Run pg_amcheck in 002_pg_upgrade.pl and 027_stream_regress.pl? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Run pg_amcheck in 002_pg_upgrade.pl and 027_stream_regress.pl?
Date
Re: Run pg_amcheck in 002_pg_upgrade.pl and 027_stream_regress.pl?  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

We've had bugs in pg_upgrade where post-upgrade xid horizons weren't correctly
set. We've had bugs were indexes were corrupted during replay.

The latter can be caught by wal_consistency_checking - but that's pretty
expensive.

It seems $subject would have a chance of catching some of these bugs, as well
as exposing amcheck to a database with a bit more varied content?

Depending on the cost it might make sense to do this optionally, via
PG_TEST_EXTRA?

Greetings,

Andres Freund