Re: pgsql: Specialize tuplesort routines for different kinds of abbreviated - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Specialize tuplesort routines for different kinds of abbreviated
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2022-04-02 13:15:57 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I get a backtrace to investigate. Unfortunately abort_on_error=1 also removes
> the nicer error message :(. So I ran both.

This bit was just me being stupid and missing the error message...

> with that applied
> CFLAGS=-fsanitize=alignment,undefined,address -fno-sanitize-recover=all
> and
> export ASAN_OPTIONS="detect_leaks=0:disable_coredump=0:print_stacktrace=1:abort_on_error=1"
UBSAN_OPTIONS="disable_coredump=0:print_stacktrace=1:abort_on_error=1"

Forgot to add the warning that disable_coredump=0 on non-linux (or old linux)
systems can end up generating humongous core files...

To be able to run rr with ubsan/asan one needs verify_asan_link_order=0 in
ASAN_OPTIONS btw.

Greetings,

Andres Freund