Re: TRAP: FailedAssertion("HaveRegisteredOrActiveSnapshot()", File: "toast_internals.c", Line: 670, PID: 19403) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: TRAP: FailedAssertion("HaveRegisteredOrActiveSnapshot()", File: "toast_internals.c", Line: 670, PID: 19403)
Date
In response to Re: TRAP: FailedAssertion("HaveRegisteredOrActiveSnapshot()", File: "toast_internals.c", Line: 670, PID: 19403)  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
At Wed, 30 Mar 2022 17:58:24 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Wed, 30 Mar 2022 11:46:13 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > But, in the first place the *fix* has been found to be wrong.  I'm
> > going to search for the right fix..
>
> FETCH uses the snapshot at DECLARE. So anyhow I needed to set the
> queryDesk's snapshot used in PortalRunSelect to the FETCH's portal's
> holdSnapshot.  What I did in this version is:

By the way, this is, given that the added check in init_toast_snapshot
is valid, a long-standing "bug", which at least back to 12.

I'm not sure what to do for this.

1. ignore the check for certain cases?

2. apply any fix only to master and call it a day.  14 and earlier
  doesn't have the assertion check so they don't complain.

3. apply a fix to all affected versions.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center