Re: Add psql command to list constraints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Add psql command to list constraints
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 03:11:47PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 12:28 AM Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> > Development of this seems to have stalled with the only review of this
> > patch expressing some skepticism about whether it's needed at all.
>
> Now, there is some precedent for the idea of providing a command that
> lists everything globally. Specifically, we have a \dp command, also
> known as \z, to list privileges across all objects in the database.

> The other thing that we have that is somewhat similar to this is \dd,

\dX is similar, and I remember wondering whether it was really useful/needed.
The catalog tables are exposed and documented for a reason, and power-users
will learn to use them.

+0.5 to mark the patch as RWF or rejected.

--
Justin