Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yugo NAGATA
Subject Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello Zhihong Yu,

I already replied to your comments before, but I forgot to include
the list to CC, so I resend the same again. Sorry for the duplicate
emails.

On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 09:51:52 -0800
Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> wrote:

> For CreateIndexOnIMMV():
>
> +           ereport(NOTICE,
> +                   (errmsg("could not create an index on materialized view
> \"%s\" automatically",
> +           return;
> +       }
>
> Should the return type be changed to bool so that the caller knows whether
> the index creation succeeds ?
> If index creation is unsuccessful, should the call
> to CreateIvmTriggersOnBaseTables() be skipped ?

CreateIvmTriggersOnBaseTables() have to be called regardless
of whether an index is created successfully or not, so I think
CreateindexOnIMMV() doesn't have to return the result for now.

> For check_ivm_restriction_walker():
>
> +           break;
> +           expression_tree_walker(node, check_ivm_restriction_walker,
> NULL);
> +           break;
>
> Something is missing between the break and expression_tree_walker().

Yes, it's my mistake during making the patch-set. I fixed it in the
updated patch I attached in the other post.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>