Re: support for MERGE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: support for MERGE
Date
Re: support for MERGE  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
Re: support for MERGE  (Japin Li <japinli@hotmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Mar-09, Zhihong Yu wrote:

> Hi,
> For v14-0002-Split-ExecUpdate-and-ExecDelete-in-reusable-piec.patch :
>
> +   TupleTableSlot *insertProjectedTuple;
>
> With `insert` at the beginning of the variable name, someone may think it
> is a verb. How about naming the variable projectedTupleFromInsert (or
> something similar) ?

I went with projectedFromInsert.  I don't feel a need to call it a
"tuple" because it's already a TupleTableSlot * ...

> +       if (!ExecBRDeleteTriggers(context->estate, context->epqstate,
> +                                 resultRelInfo, tupleid, oldtuple,
> +                                 epqreturnslot))
> +           /* some trigger made the delete a no-op; let caller know */
> +           return false;
>
> It seems you can directly return the value returned
> from ExecBRDeleteTriggers().

True, let's do that.

On 2022-Mar-10, Simon Riggs wrote:

> Various cases were not tested in the patch - additional patch
> attached, but nothing surprising there.

Thanks, incorporated here.

This is mostly just a rebase to keep cfbot happy.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"La gente vulgar sólo piensa en pasar el tiempo;

Attachment