Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: pg_tablespace_location() failure with allow_in_place_tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 4 Mar 2022 23:26:43 +1300, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote in
> On Fri, Mar 4, 2022 at 10:04 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And I made a quick hack on do_pg_start_backup.  And I found that
> > pg_basebackup copies in-place tablespaces under the *current
> > directory*, which is not ok at all:(
>
> Hmm.  Which OS are you on?  Looks OK here -- the "in place" tablespace
> gets copied as a directory under pg_tblspc, no symlink:

> The warning from readlink() while making the mapping file isn't ideal,
> and perhaps we should suppress that with something like the attached.
> Or does the missing map file entry break something on Windows?

Ah.. Ok, somehow I thought that pg_basebackup failed for readlink
failure and the tweak I made made things worse.  I got to make it
work.

Thanks!

regards.

--