Re: shared_preload_libraries = 'pg_stat_statements' failing with installcheck (compute_query_id = auto) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: shared_preload_libraries = 'pg_stat_statements' failing with installcheck (compute_query_id = auto)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 11:04:16AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 05:38:56PM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 05:22:36PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> >> So, I have been looking at this problem, and I don't see a problem in
> >> doing something like the attached, where we add a "regress" mode to
> >> compute_query_id that is a synonym of "auto". Or, in short, we have
> >> the default of letting a module decide if a query ID can be computed
> >> or not, at the exception that we hide its result in EXPLAIN outputs.

> Okay, thanks.  I have worked on that today and applied the patch down

While rebasing, I noticed that this patch does part of what I added in another
thread.

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/37/3409/
| explain_regress, explain(MACHINE), and default to explain(BUFFERS)

-       if (es->verbose && plannedstmt->queryId != UINT64CONST(0))
+       if (es->verbose && plannedstmt->queryId != UINT64CONST(0) && es->machine)
        {
                /*
                 * Output the queryid as an int64 rather than a uint64 so we match

Apparently, I first wrote this two years ago today.

--
Justin