Re: Timeout control within tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Timeout control within tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-02-17 21:28:42 -0800, Noah Misch wrote:
> I propose to have environment variable PG_TEST_TIMEOUT_DEFAULT control the
> timeout used in the places that currently hard-code 180s.

Meson's test runner has the concept of a "timeout multiplier" for ways of
running tests. Meson's stuff is about entire tests (i.e. one tap test), so
doesn't apply here, but I wonder if we shouldn't do something similar?  That
way we could adjust different timeouts with one setting, instead of many
different fobs to adjust?

Greetings,

Andres Freund