Re: alter function/procedure depends on extension - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: alter function/procedure depends on extension
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2022-Feb-17, Bryn Llewellyn wrote:

> qu. 1. What is the use-case for "alter function/procedure depends on extension"?

Suppose you have an extension that implements change auditing for
tables, which works by creating triggers on the audited tables.  You
enable auditing for specific tables by calling one of the extension's
function; this function creates a trigger on the table.

The design idea was that if you drop the auditing extension, then those
triggers should be gone too.

"I'm always right, but sometimes I'm more right than other times."
                                                  (Linus Torvalds)