Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: adding 'zstd' as a compression algorithm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,m

On 2022-02-15 20:56:15 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Maybe we have a bit more flexibility for TOAST, not sure.

It'd be nice to at least add it as an option for initdb. Afaics there's no way
to change the default at that point. initdb itself is measurably
faster. Although sadly it's a bigger difference for optimized builds.

I think it matter a bit even after initdb, pg_rewrite is most of the
compressed data and some of the views are regularly used...

- Andres