Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On 2022-02-10 20:25:28 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> I was staring at that for awhile too.  It's my own code (from 1f39a1c0641)
> but it sure confuses me now; at the very least the code is not in sync
> with the comment.  However, it's been that way for a couple years now and
> we've not had complaints suggesting it's broken, so maybe it's the comment
> that's wrong.

I wonder if it could be part of the whole "walreceiver on windows not noticing
connection death" business. Libpq internally gets a write failure, defers
reporting it, we end up in libpqrcv_PQgetResult(), which will call PQisBusy()
returning true due to write_failure, which then causes us to wait for incoming
socket IO. But WaitEventForMultipleObjects() will not be signalled again due
to the the edge triggered nature of FD_CLOSE.

Greetings,

Andres Freund