Re: Ensure that STDERR is empty during connect_ok - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Ensure that STDERR is empty during connect_ok
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Feb-02, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> Making this a subtest in order to not having to change the callers, turns the
> patch into the attached.  For this we must group the new test with one already
> existing test, if we group more into it (which would make more sense) then we
> need to change callers as that reduce the testcount across the tree.

Well, it wasn't my intention that this patch would not have to change
the callers.  What I was thinking about is making connect_ok() have a
subtest for *all* the tests it contains (and changing the callers to
match), so that *in the future* we can add more tests there without
having to change the callers *again*.

> Or did I misunderstand you?

I think you did.

"Cómo ponemos nuestros dedos en la arcilla del otro. Eso es la amistad; jugar
al alfarero y ver qué formas se pueden sacar del otro" (C. Halloway en
La Feria de las Tinieblas, R. Bradbury)