RE: Clean up shop database - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Klingler
Subject RE: Clean up shop database
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 05:51:56 -0800, Mike Sofen wrote:
>> From: Richard Klingler <richard@klingler.net>  Sent: Wednesday, January
> 19, 2022 5:37 AM

>>> Sorry

>> You're a genius :-)
>
>> Looks perfect...
>
> There is one caveat here: unless you are 100% certain that the
> product.pieces count is 100% accurate, you should sum the
> orderitems.productid.  It is pretty common for the indirect counts (like
> product.pieces) to get out of sync with the "normal" source of truth (line
> items).
>
> This does depend on design of your system, of course.
>
> Mike

Well I use the productid for rough checking so that they are created
some time before the specified date.

And I won't delete any records..just mark them as inactive...
that way datatables loads much faster when it just grabs the
active products via ajax call.