Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2022-01-18 07:47:48 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> > No idea what's going on here, but I guess that we'd better show up the
> > contents of regression.diffs in the TAP logs if it exists.
>
> Hmm.  Yeah.

It already is in the regress_log_*, but I agree, it'd be good to add it to the
normal output in the failure case.

https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/6460573058596864/tap/src/test/recovery/tmp_check/log/regress_log_027_stream_regress

I think system_or_bail() might be the wrong tool here. If I understand
Test::More's BAIL_OUT() correctly [1], it'll prevent other tests from running as
well. Which doesn't seem quite right for a failure like this?

Kinda seems like nearly all of our uses of system_or_bail() are bad?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

[1]: https://perldoc.perl.org/Test::More#Test-control
"Indicates to the harness that things are going so badly all testing
should terminate. This includes the running of any additional test scripts."