Re: [Extern] Re: postgres event trigger workaround - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: [Extern] Re: postgres event trigger workaround
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 08:36:21AM +0500, Дмитрий Иванов wrote:
> In my solution, all users don't need direct access to the schema because
> you have to use the functional API to access it. If you can manage users
> with functions, you can close the schema in the same way.
> Usually the function is executed with the permissions of the calling user,
> which requires permissions for all affected entities. However, if you
> specify the "SECURITY DEFINER" parameter at creation, the function will be
> executed with the owner's permissions. The owner of the function has no
> login permissions but has permissions on the affected entities. In this way
> you will close the schema from the roles that have rights to the role
> management functions.

Sure you can solve most problems with that.  But you can't create a database
(or a tablespace) from a function so this approach wouldn't cover all of OP's
needs, as different approach would be needed for role and db creation.