Re: Can we use sql language to create a function in Postgres? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Can we use sql language to create a function in Postgres?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 11:22:34AM +0000, Shaozhong SHI wrote:
> If so, can we use Oracle SQL script in DO block?
>
> Does this mean that all Oracle SQL can be used in Postgres?

I highly doubt that.
But - I used oracle last time like 2 years ago, so the only thing I can
tell you: TRY.
instead of asking if "something vague wll work" just try. it will work,
or not work, but I can't guess what you have in this "oracle sql" and
whether this particular bit of sql will be cross-plaftorm enough to
execute (or even parse) in pg.

depesz