Re: ssl_crl_file Certificate Revocation List doesn't work for postgresql 11 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: ssl_crl_file Certificate Revocation List doesn't work for postgresql 11
Date
List pgsql-general
At Wed, 1 Dec 2021 16:56:11 +0800, Yi Sun <yinan81@gmail.com> wrote in
> We want to revoke server certificate, just don't know why doesn't take
> affect
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/ssl-tcp.html
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-connection.html#GUC-SSL-CRL-FILE

Understood.  ~/.postgresq/root.crl is required to check server
revokation.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/libpq-ssl.html

> To allow server certificate verification, one or more root
> certificates must be placed in the file ~/.postgresql/root.crt in the
> user's home directory. (On Microsoft Windows the file is named
> %APPDATA%\postgresql\root.crt.) Intermediate certificates should also
> be added to the file if they are needed to link the certificate chain
> sent by the server to the root certificates stored on the client.
>
> Certificate Revocation List (CRL) entries are also checked if the file
> ~/.postgresql/root.crl exists (%APPDATA%\postgresql\root.crl on
> Microsoft Windows).

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi