Re: pgsql: windows: Define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN to make compilation faster. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: windows: Define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN to make compilation faster.
Date
Re: pgsql: windows: Define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN to make compilation faster.  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2021-11-06 18:24:21 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > windows: Define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN to make compilation faster.
>
> I happened to notice from grepping that
> src/backend/port/win32/crashdump.c has its own
>
> #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
>
> Can't we remove that now?  (I kind of wonder what good it did at all,
> considering postgres.h has already pulled in <windows.h>.)

Yea, it seems pointless.

There's a semi-related weirdness: Several src/port/ files include <windows.h>
themselves (I guess that could be seen as prep for dropping windows.h from
win32_port.h).

Unless you're already done with that by the time I git pull, I'm gonna remove
that redundant WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN.

Greetings,

Andres Freund