Re: Spelling change in LLVM 14 API - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Spelling change in LLVM 14 API
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-10-26 13:39:53 +1300, Thomas Munro wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2021 at 10:54 AM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And pushed.  Probably won't be the last change and seawasp only tests
> > master, so no back-patch for now.
>
> According to my crystal ball, seawasp will shortly break again[1][2]
> and the attached patch will fix it.

That feels lot more convincing though. Based on past experience it's not hard
to believe that the compile-time impact of the include the use of std::string
forces into a lot of places is pretty significant...

Could we make old case a wrapper around the new case that just passes on the
error as a const char *? That should be more maintainable long-term, because
there's only one copy of the body?

Greetings,

Andres Freund