Re: Inconsistency in startup process's MyBackendId and procsignal array registration with ProcSignalInit() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Inconsistency in startup process's MyBackendId and procsignal array registration with ProcSignalInit()
Date
In response to Re: Inconsistency in startup process's MyBackendId and procsignal array registration with ProcSignalInit()  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
(This branch may should leave from this thread..)

At Fri, 15 Oct 2021 15:00:57 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> At Thu, 14 Oct 2021 10:53:06 -0700, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote in
> > This'd get rid of the need of density *and* make SIInsertDataEntries()
> > cheaper.
>
> Yes.  So.. I tried that. The only part where memory-flush timing is
> crucial seems to be between writing messages and setting maxMsgNum.
> By placing memory barrier between them it seems *to me* we can read
> maxMsgNum safely without locks.

Maybe we need another memory barrier here and the patch was broken
about the rechecking on the members in GetSIGetDataEntries..

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center