Re: try_relation_open and relation_open behave different. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: try_relation_open and relation_open behave different.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Oct-18, Xing GUO wrote:

> However, I can open an "uncommitted" relation using relation_open() and
> cannot open it using try_relation_open().
> Since Postgres doesn't write the "uncommitted" relation descriptor to
> SysCache and try_relation_open() checks if the
> relation exists in SysCache while relation_open() doesn't check it.

Hmm, is it sufficient to do CommandCounterIncrement() after your
"uncommitted" relation change and the place where you do
try_relation_open()?

--
Álvaro Herrera              Valdivia, Chile  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',