Re: minor gripe about lax reloptions parsing for views - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: minor gripe about lax reloptions parsing for views
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Sep-30, Mark Dilger wrote:

> The solution is simple enough:  stop using HEAP_RELOPT_NAMESPACES when
> parsing reloptions for views and instead create a
> VIEW_RELOPT_NAMESPACES array which does not include "toast".

It seems a reasonable (non-backpatchable) change to me.

> I've already fixed this, mixed into some other work.  I'll pull it out
> as its own patch if there is any interest.

Yeah.

I suppose you'll need a new routine that returns the namespace array to
use based on relkind.

"Nunca confiaré en un traidor.  Ni siquiera si el traidor lo he creado yo"
(Barón Vladimir Harkonnen)