Re: pgsql: Support "postgres -C" with runtime-computed GUCs - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Support "postgres -C" with runtime-computed GUCs
Date
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2021-09-21 14:37:05 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> > If interesting I can also come up with the necessary steps to activate
> > it in your repo...
>
> That could be helpful.  I have never played with those tools.

It's really useful. I'm planning to propose a bit more minimal version
to be included in the repo. Especially things like having automated
backtraces on all platforms is just a huge win during development.

You basically just need to configure the Cirrus extension in github, see
https://cirrus-ci.org/guide/quick-start/

Then include the changes at the top of
https://github.com/anarazel/postgres/tree/pg_checksum_ci_fail in your
tree, and it'll be built and tested (check-world) on
linux/windows/freebsd/osx.

Greetings,

Andres Freund