Re: Postgresql 11: terminating walsender process due to replication timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: Postgresql 11: terminating walsender process due to replication timeout
Date
List pgsql-general
At Thu, 9 Sep 2021 16:06:25 +0900, Abhishek Bhola <abhishek.bhola@japannext.co.jp> wrote in
> sourcedb:~$ postgres --version
> postgres (PostgreSQL) 11.6
>
> Sorry for missing this information.
> But looks like this fix is already included in the version I am running.

Ok. I'm not sure but there may be a case where too-busy (or too poor
relative to the publisher) subscriber cannot send a response for a
long time. Usually keep-alive packets sent from publisher causes
subscriber response even while busy time but it seems that if
subscriber applies changes more than two times slower than the
publisher sends, subscriber doesn't send a response in the timeout
window.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi