Re: prevent immature WAL streaming - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org
Subject Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Date
List pgsql-hackers
BTW while going about testing this, I noticed that we forbid
pg_walfile_name() while in recovery.  That restriction was added by
commit 370f770c15a4 because ThisTimeLineID was not set correctly during
recovery.  That was supposed to be fixed by commit 1148e22a82ed, so I
thought that it should be possible to remove the restriction.  However,
I did that per the attached patch, but was quickly disappointed because
ThisTimeLineID seems to remain zero in a standby for reasons that I
didn't investigate.

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"The problem with the facetime model is not just that it's demoralizing, but

Attachment