Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org
Subject Re: archive status ".ready" files may be created too early
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Aug-20, Bossart, Nathan wrote:

> I was looking at moving the function calls out of the spinlock region.
> I don't think the functions are doing anything too expensive, and they
> help clean up NotifySegmentsReadyForArchive() quite a bit, but I
> understand why it might be against project policy to do something like
> that.  It would be easy enough to get rid of the helper functions if
> that was concern.

Well, the thing I realized is that these three helper functions have
exactly one caller each.  I think the compiler is going to inline them,
so there isn't going to be a function call in the assembly.  I haven't
verified this, though.

"Los dioses no protegen a los insensatos.  Éstos reciben protección de
otros insensatos mejor dotados" (Luis Wu, Mundo Anillo)