Re: ECPG cursor examples should include EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND CONTINUE; after the while loop - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ECPG cursor examples should include EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND CONTINUE; after the while loop
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Sat, Jul  3, 2021 at 11:54:11AM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/ecpg-variables.html
>
> Without this line:
> EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND CONTINUE;
> after the while(1), I find that ECPG CURSOR examples fail.
>
> For example, this example under 36.4.4.3.2. Structures fails:

Uh, can you give me full C example to test?  I already see EXEC SQL
WHENEVER NOT FOUND DO BREAK in the sample code, so I don't see how
CONTINUE would actually work, since it would just loop over the result
infinitely.