Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o
Date
Re: pgsql: pgstat: Bring up pgstat in BaseInit() to fix uninitialized use o  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-08-12 05:48:19 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I think SharedFileSetInit() needs a comment explaining that it needs to be
> called in a process-lifetime memory context if used without dsm
> segments. Because otherwise SharedFileSetDeleteOnProcExit() will access
> already freed memory (both for filesetlist and the SharedFileSet itself).

Oh. And I think it's not ok that SharedFileSetDeleteAll() unconditionally does
SharedFileSetUnregister(). SharedFileSetUnregister() asserts out if there's no
match, but DSM based sets are never entered into filesetlist. So one cannot
have a non-DSM and DSM set coexisting. Which seems surprising.

Greetings,

Andres Freund