Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: ECPG bug fix: DECALRE STATEMENT and DEALLOCATE, DESCRIBE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 10, 2021 at 12:03:24AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I'd like to apologize for not answering your email the way I should
> have. Honestly it never occurred to me. Maybe that's because I'm used
> to other procedures, or because I never had to converse with the RMT,
> or maybe, quite simple, because I lacked the time to think it through,
> the original issue that kind of started this whole mess.

Agreed.  When the RMT contacts me, I assume it is something that is time
and release critical so I give them as much detail as I can, and a
timeline when they will get more information.  If you are not focused on
the RMT process, it might not be clear why that is important.