Re: BUG #17103: WAL segments are not removed after exceeding max_slot_wal_keep_size - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: BUG #17103: WAL segments are not removed after exceeding max_slot_wal_keep_size
Date
List pgsql-bugs
At Thu, 29 Jul 2021 17:19:24 -0400, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote in
> On 2021-Jul-29, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
>
> > At Thu, 29 Jul 2021 16:20:38 +0900 (JST), Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote in
> > > So it seems to me we need to explicitly prevent unexpected checkpoints
> > > from happening maybe by enlarging max_wal_size temporily.
> >
> > I ended up with the attached. It causes a checkpoint reliably exactly
> > at the aimed timing without.
>
> Thanks for looking into it.  The explanation makes sense, so I pushed
> your patch and also fixed one outdated comment I noticed while reading
> the related code.  I hope this commit will solve the problem ... it is
> quite low probability, so we'll have to wait at least two weeks to make
> any conclusion.

Agreed. I hope this is the last failure..

Thanks.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center