Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 29, 2021 at 11:17:52AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2021 at 11:10, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> OK, I think we should be more clear as to what is happening.  Saying they will
> be recreated is misleading.
> The extension definitions are being copied from the old server to the new
> server.

I think my wording is says exactly that:

    Do not load the schema definitions, e.g., <command>CREATE EXTENSION
    pgcrypto</command>, because these will be recreated from the old
    cluster.

> I also think we should have stronger wording in the "The extensions may be
> upgraded ..." statement.
> I'd suggest "Any new versions of extensions should be upgraded using...."

I can't really comment on that since I see little mention of upgrading
extensions in our docs.