Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Unresolved repliaction hang and stop problem.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jun-17, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> I don't see a call to hash_*seq*_search there. Instead, I see one in
> ReorderBufferCheckMemoryLimit().

Doh, of course -- I misread.

ReorderBufferCheckMemoryLimit is new in pg13 (cec2edfa7859) so now at
least we have a reason why this workload regresses in pg13 compared to
earlier releases.

Looking at the code, it does seem that increasing the memory limit as
Amit suggests might solve the issue.  Is that a practical workaround?

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile