Re: storing an explicit nonce - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: storing an explicit nonce
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

> OK, that's what I thought.  We already expose the clog and fsm, so
> exposing the hint bits seems acceptable.  If everyone agrees, I will
> adjust my patch to not WAL log hint bit changes.

Robert pointed out that it's not just hint bits where this is happening
though, but it can also happen with btree line pointer arrays.  Even if
we were entirely comfortable accepting that the hint bits are leaked
because of this, leaking the btree line pointer array doesn't seem like
it could possibly be acceptable..

I've not run down that code myself, but I don't have any reason to doubt
Robert's assessment.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment