Re: ALTER TABLE .. DETACH PARTITION CONCURRENTLY - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ALTER TABLE .. DETACH PARTITION CONCURRENTLY
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Apr-27, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> This v3 handles things as you suggested and works correctly AFAICT.  I'm
> going to add some more tests cases to verify the behavior in the
> scenarios you showed, and get them to run under cache-clobber options to
> make sure it's good.

Yep, it seems to work.  Strangely, the new isolation case doesn't
actually crash before the fix -- it merely throws a memory allocation
error.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile
"Linux transformó mi computadora, de una `máquina para hacer cosas',

Attachment