Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 01:43:51PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> I haven't looked, but did we put anything into pg_stat_statements
> to make it easy to tell if you've messed up this setting?

You mean apart from from having pg_stat_statements' view/SRFs returning
nothing?

I think it's a reasonable use case to sometime disable query_id calculation,
eg. if you know that it will only lead to useless bloat in the entry and that
you won't need the info, so spamming warnings if there are no queryid could
cause some pain.