Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements
Date
Re: compute_query_id and pg_stat_statements  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> That's a pretty weird API.  I think we just need people to turn it on
> like they are doing when the configure pg_stat_statements anyway.
> pg_stat_statements already requires configuration anyway.

Agreed.  If pg_stat_statements were zero-configuration today then
this would be an annoying new burden, but it isn't.

I haven't looked, but did we put anything into pg_stat_statements
to make it easy to tell if you've messed up this setting?