Re: suppress empty archive_command warning message - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: suppress empty archive_command warning message
Date
List pgsql-novice
Greetings,

> On Fri, Apr 23, 2021 at 08:48:39PM +0200, Pavel Tide wrote:
> > Is there a way to suppress the WARNING that is thrown in PG logs if
> > archive_mode is enabled but the archive command is empty? Maybe some
> > configuration key which I have overlooked?
>
> Have you tried putting "/bin/true" in there, for non-Windows?

Erm, that would cause all WAL to just be silently thrown away..  To have
the same behavior as having it be unset, you'd set it to '/bin/false'.

Of course, which you want depends, but generally you should be using a
real archive command to archive your WAL, not throwing it away.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment