Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Feature improvement: can we add queryId for pg_catalog.pg_stat_activity view?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr  8, 2021 at 10:38:08AM +0800, Julien Rouhaud wrote:

> > > Yes, correct, updated patch attached.
> >
> > Patch applied.
>
> Thanks!  And I agree with using query_id in the new field names while keeping
> queryid for pg_stat_statements to avoid unnecessary query breakage.

I think we need more feedback from the group.  Do people agree with the
idea above?  The question is what to call:

    GUC compute_queryid
    pg_stat_activity.queryid
    pg_stat_statements.queryid

using "queryid" or "query_id", and do they have to match?